14 months agoRender: Remove global RNG usage
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 13:18:54 +0000 (15:18 +0200)]
Render: Remove global RNG usage

We shouldn't be using BI textures anyway. But in any case, adding noise
texture to compositor is doing proper seed updates already, so probably
was already ported to a proper RNG usage.

14 months agoT55454: removal of clay engine
Jeroen Bakker [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 13:15:36 +0000 (15:15 +0200)]
T55454: removal of clay engine

The ClayEngine was introduced to test the blender2.8 architecture during
development. As currently we have the wanted features implemented with
matcaps we are going to remove the clay engine as it was never intended
to be an official releasable engine

Note: The test cases are never run. But when enabled will be skipped as
they were implemented over the Clay Engine

14 months agoStudiolight: add rim lighting to the default light setup
Jeroen Bakker [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 11:40:23 +0000 (13:40 +0200)]
Studiolight: add rim lighting to the default light setup

14 months agoAlembic: made run again
Sybren A. Stüvel [Fri, 8 Jun 2018 15:14:44 +0000 (17:14 +0200)]
Alembic: made run again

Two tests are still failing, but at least the API changes in 2.8 have been
applied now.

14 months agoFix crahs using ndof
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:50:57 +0000 (14:50 +0200)]
Fix crahs using ndof

14 months agoCleanup: Indentation
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:43:40 +0000 (14:43 +0200)]
Cleanup: Indentation

14 months agoParticles: Use local RNG
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:20:46 +0000 (14:20 +0200)]
Particles: Use local RNG

Currently only obvious cases, but is already a progress.

14 months agoDuplication: Use local RNG
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:20:21 +0000 (14:20 +0200)]
Duplication: Use local RNG

Makes generation safe for threading.

14 months agoAdd utility function to help debugging concurrent usage of global RNG
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:19:26 +0000 (14:19 +0200)]
Add utility function to help debugging concurrent usage of global RNG

Checks are disabled by default, but we need to make them enabled by
porting all required areas, or by removing API which uses global RNG.

14 months agoDepsgraph: Ensure modifiers evaluation doesn't happen on top evaluated mesh
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:01:57 +0000 (10:01 +0200)]
Depsgraph: Ensure modifiers evaluation doesn't happen on top evaluated mesh

14 months agoDepsgraph: Don't update derived mesh for particles on render
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:00:25 +0000 (10:00 +0200)]
Depsgraph: Don't update derived mesh for particles on render

Render depsgraph is evaluated from scratch, so it should not be needed
to do such a call.

This also prevents modifier stack from being evaluated on top of already
evaluated mesh

14 months agoDepsgraph: Add debug option to invalidate data tagged for update
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 07:59:30 +0000 (09:59 +0200)]
Depsgraph: Add debug option to invalidate data tagged for update

See comment for INVALIDATE_ON_FLUSH.

14 months agoDepsgraph: Set temp object to invalid state as soon as it becomes inaccessible
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 07:55:34 +0000 (09:55 +0200)]
Depsgraph: Set temp object to invalid state as soon as it becomes inaccessible

14 months agoDepsgraph: Cleanup, wrap private functions to an anonymous namespace
Sergey Sharybin [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 07:46:00 +0000 (09:46 +0200)]
Depsgraph: Cleanup, wrap private functions to an anonymous namespace

14 months agoMerge branch 'master' into blender2.8
Bastien Montagne [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:58:31 +0000 (12:58 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into blender2.8


14 months agoCleanup: remove moar G.main from BKE area.
Bastien Montagne [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:53:27 +0000 (12:53 +0200)]
Cleanup: remove moar G.main from BKE area.

14 months agoMerge branch 'master' into blender2.8
Bastien Montagne [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:38:54 +0000 (12:38 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into blender2.8


14 months agoCleanup: remove some G.main from ED's animsys.
Bastien Montagne [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:28:14 +0000 (12:28 +0200)]
Cleanup: remove some G.main from ED's animsys.

The easy ones - there some much, much trickier to tackle there...

14 months agoLookDev: Move lookdev balls when menu switches
Jeroen Bakker [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:24:05 +0000 (12:24 +0200)]
LookDev: Move lookdev balls when menu switches

14 months agoStudiolight: Disabled irradiance icons
Jeroen Bakker [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:53:34 +0000 (11:53 +0200)]
Studiolight: Disabled irradiance icons

14 months agoStudiolight: Bumped the radiance buffer to RGBA16F
Jeroen Bakker [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:50:07 +0000 (11:50 +0200)]
Studiolight: Bumped the radiance buffer to RGBA16F

Fixes issue reported at

14 months agoStudiolight: cache irradiance buffer
Jeroen Bakker [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:48:17 +0000 (11:48 +0200)]
Studiolight: cache irradiance buffer

14 months agoCleanup: remove some G.main from BKE area.
Bastien Montagne [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:21:54 +0000 (11:21 +0200)]
Cleanup: remove some G.main from BKE area.

14 months agoUI: fix crash with HUD panel size
Campbell Barton [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:18:52 +0000 (11:18 +0200)]
UI: fix crash with HUD panel size

There can be no panels in the region.

14 months agoUI: remove redo popover from topbar
Campbell Barton [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:51:23 +0000 (10:51 +0200)]
UI: remove redo popover from topbar

See: T55039

14 months agoFix T55448: Typo in Cycles CUDA debug output
Lukas Stockner [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:37:51 +0000 (10:37 +0200)]
Fix T55448: Typo in Cycles CUDA debug output

Reviewers: sergey, lukasstockner97

Reviewed By: lukasstockner97

Tags: #cycles, #bf_blender

Differential Revision:

14 months agoUI: Initial persistent floating redo panel
Campbell Barton [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:11:32 +0000 (10:11 +0200)]
UI: Initial persistent floating redo panel

This is the first step to moving redo out of the top-bar, see: T55039

- Support for floating panels in the ScrArea has been added.
- A new region type RGN_TYPE_HUD is used for floating settings input.
- Only one HUD should be visible at a time.
- Currently HUD regions are only visible
  for 3D view and image space types.
- There are currently some remaining glitches with hide/show
  that need further investigation.

14 months agoUI: non editable template_icon_views are rendered as label
Jeroen Bakker [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:43:09 +0000 (08:43 +0200)]
UI: non editable template_icon_views are rendered as label

This is also a way to render an large preview icon without the selection
control. This is used by the studiolights in the userprefs that only
displays the preview of the light.

14 months agoUI: replace ui_draw_search_back w/ general code
Campbell Barton [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:14:13 +0000 (08:14 +0200)]
UI: replace ui_draw_search_back w/ general code

Useful for drawing any kind of region-background.

14 months agoCleanup: remove unused context args
Campbell Barton [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 05:59:27 +0000 (07:59 +0200)]
Cleanup: remove unused context args

14 months agoCleanup: remove image->bindcode, always wrap in GPUTexture.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:30:59 +0000 (22:30 +0200)]
Cleanup: remove image->bindcode, always wrap in GPUTexture.

This simplifies code, and will hopefully make UDIM usage of GPUTexture
a little easier.

14 months agoRevert "Cleanup: remove image->bindcode, always wrap in GPUTexture."
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:34:35 +0000 (22:34 +0200)]
Revert "Cleanup: remove image->bindcode, always wrap in GPUTexture."

This reverts commit 8242a5bc853a74da1273fc7ad4b959ac716c563c. This isn't
quite ready to use yet.

14 months agoCleanup: remove image->bindcode, always wrap in GPUTexture.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:30:59 +0000 (22:30 +0200)]
Cleanup: remove image->bindcode, always wrap in GPUTexture.

14 months agoFix part of T55439: don't add indirectly linked objects to the scene on link.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 19:51:21 +0000 (21:51 +0200)]
Fix part of T55439: don't add indirectly linked objects to the scene on link.

14 months agoDrivers: ensure Python expressions are cached with copy-on-write.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 18:00:03 +0000 (20:00 +0200)]
Drivers: ensure Python expressions are cached with copy-on-write.

Store the compiled expressions on the original driver.

Ref T55442.

14 months agoCleanup: fix compiler warnings.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 19:20:43 +0000 (21:20 +0200)]
Cleanup: fix compiler warnings.

14 months agoFix accidental addons submodule change in previous commit.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 19:12:06 +0000 (21:12 +0200)]
Fix accidental addons submodule change in previous commit.

14 months agoFix crash with OpenGL rendering in multiple threads on macOS.
Edmund Kapusniak [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 18:50:14 +0000 (20:50 +0200)]
Fix crash with OpenGL rendering in multiple threads on macOS.

On macOS we must always go through BLI_thread_local_get/set().

Differential Revision:

14 months agoPose: optimize pose rebuild for copy-on-write.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 18:26:29 +0000 (20:26 +0200)]
Pose: optimize pose rebuild for copy-on-write.

Ref T55442.

14 months agoCleanup: add simplified panel callbacks
Campbell Barton [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 17:30:48 +0000 (19:30 +0200)]
Cleanup: add simplified panel callbacks

14 months agoImprove/partially fix overriding of Object material pointers.
Bastien Montagne [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 17:28:12 +0000 (19:28 +0200)]
Improve/partially fix overriding of Object material pointers.

Basic workflow shall now work, still lots to do in the UI (ID template
needs some love to reflect overriden status ;) ).

14 months agoGHOST: Fix uninitialized values.
fclem [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:07:37 +0000 (17:07 +0200)]
GHOST: Fix uninitialized values.

14 months agoFix crash when doing Sculpt->Edit->Sculpt switch.
Bastien Montagne [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 16:56:01 +0000 (18:56 +0200)]
Fix crash when doing Sculpt->Edit->Sculpt switch.

We actually get fully rid of BKE_object_free_derived_mesh_caches usages,
now always using BKE_object_free_derived_caches (bad name, btw, should
be 'evaluated_caches ;) )...

14 months agoWM: use layout/draw callbacks for buttons space
Campbell Barton [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 16:36:00 +0000 (18:36 +0200)]
WM: use layout/draw callbacks for buttons space

14 months agoWM: split panel drawing into layout and draw
Campbell Barton [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 16:23:36 +0000 (18:23 +0200)]
WM: split panel drawing into layout and draw

This matches changes made to the header.

14 months agoOutlines: Make Xray outlines 2px thick instead of 3px
Clément Foucault [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 16:03:50 +0000 (18:03 +0200)]
Outlines: Make Xray outlines 2px thick instead of 3px

14 months agoOutlines: Make outlines in xray mode not occluded.
Clément Foucault [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:26:41 +0000 (17:26 +0200)]
Outlines: Make outlines in xray mode not occluded.

This is visually too distracting (flickering). Until we have a better
solution, just disable occlusion fading.

14 months agoRevert previous commit and do proper fix for missing typeinfo in nodes.
Bastien Montagne [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:39:05 +0000 (17:39 +0200)]
Revert previous commit and do proper fix for missing typeinfo in nodes.

14 months agoGHOST: GLX: Remove XInitThreads
Clément Foucault [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:22:57 +0000 (17:22 +0200)]
GHOST: GLX: Remove XInitThreads

This was needed because we were sharing opengl contexts across multiple
threads. With the recent refactor this should be no longer needed.

14 months agoFix crash in loading/applying static overrides of some nodal material.
Bastien Montagne [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:11:26 +0000 (17:11 +0200)]
Fix crash in loading/applying static overrides of some nodal material.

No real idea why node's typeinfo is NULL here... but think we do not
care much in that case, so just adding some NULL checks for now.

14 months agoCleanup: remove unused DAG_EVAL_PREVIEW mode.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:48:16 +0000 (11:48 +0200)]
Cleanup: remove unused DAG_EVAL_PREVIEW mode.

14 months agoCleanup: remove object.is_visible.
Brecht Van Lommel [Fri, 8 Jun 2018 16:43:05 +0000 (18:43 +0200)]
Cleanup: remove object.is_visible.

Depsgraph already iterates over visible objects, and since this was only
valid for objects evaluated with the depsgraph it was confusing.

14 months agoFix incorrect object selection test in outliner and rigid body.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:40:26 +0000 (11:40 +0200)]
Fix incorrect object selection test in outliner and rigid body.

14 months agoFix T55436: crash with point density and shader tweaking.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:29:49 +0000 (16:29 +0200)]
Fix T55436: crash with point density and shader tweaking.

With copy-on-write we can no longer assumes the point density data is
available after Cycles synchronization with Blender data is done. So
force it to be loaded earlier, even if it's not great for interactivity.

14 months agoFix merge error in 908b696, removed files were accidentally added back.
Brecht Van Lommel [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:01:17 +0000 (17:01 +0200)]
Fix merge error in 908b696, removed files were accidentally added back.

14 months agoGHOST: Fix uninitialized var
Clément Foucault [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:04:44 +0000 (17:04 +0200)]
GHOST: Fix uninitialized var

Was causing crash on startup.

14 months agoUI: split left/right header buttons
Campbell Barton [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:57:35 +0000 (16:57 +0200)]
UI: split left/right header buttons

- Added flexible separators to
  Clip, Graph, Dopesheet, Image, Node, Timeline, 3D View.
- Added graying out for Proportional Editing
  menus to avoid popping when right-aligned.
- Slightly re-arranged some controls,
  so they can be on correct side of the separators.

Patch by @billreynish

14 months agoFix: Remove UI_BLOCK_MOVEMOUSE_QUIT from popovers
Joshua Leung [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:48:59 +0000 (02:48 +1200)]
Fix: Remove UI_BLOCK_MOVEMOUSE_QUIT from popovers

This was causing driver editing popovers to just keep disappearing
whenever you accidentally moved the mouse away, making the popovers
there nearly useless.

After testing with the other popovers we have in other places, I don't
really see why we needed this flag enabled in the first place. You can
still switch between popovers in the topbar by mousing over the others,
and if you want to dismiss without clicking to escape, you can go over a
standard menu instead OR just move back towards the button that spawned it.

Let's just test this out for a while and see how it goes. Maybe we don't
need a more invasive solution here...

14 months agoMerge branch 'master' into blender2.8
Bastien Montagne [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:02:46 +0000 (16:02 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into blender2.8


14 months agoWorkbench: API Changes
Jeroen Bakker [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:54:02 +0000 (15:54 +0200)]
Workbench: API Changes

- merged matcap and studioLight api

14 months agoCleanup: remove moar ugly G.main usages...
Bastien Montagne [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:40:37 +0000 (15:40 +0200)]
Cleanup: remove moar ugly G.main usages...

BKE_image was an ugly nest, could fix all but the ones from compositor,
so moved ugly G.main there, at least we know where the Evil is that way ;)

14 months agoFix T55440: Pose Mode Crash
Dalai Felinto [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:29:13 +0000 (15:29 +0200)]
Fix T55440: Pose Mode Crash

14 months agoGHOST: WGL: Delay context initialization for offscreen contexts.
fclem [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:06:54 +0000 (13:06 +0200)]
GHOST: WGL: Delay context initialization for offscreen contexts.

Same as 128926a41b368e166af63515370d9c9367e3dda2 but for windows.

14 months agoCycles: Cleanup, silence strict compiler warning
Sergey Sharybin [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:54:17 +0000 (12:54 +0200)]
Cycles: Cleanup, silence strict compiler warning

There is one legit place in the code where memcpy was used as an
optimization trick. Was needed for older version of GCC, but now
it should be re-evaluated and checked if it still helps to have
that trick.

In other places it's somewhat lazy programming to zero out all
object members. That is absolutely unsafe, at the moment when
less trivial class is used as a member in that object things
will break.

Other cases were using memcpy into an object which comes from
an external library. We don't control that object, and we can
not guarantee it will always be safe for such memory tricks
and debugging bugs caused by such low level access is far fun.

Ideally we need to use more proper C++, but needs to be done with
big care, including benchmarks of each change, For now do
annoying but simple cast to void*.

14 months agoLibmv: Cleanup, make strict compiler more happy
Sergey Sharybin [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:53:11 +0000 (12:53 +0200)]
Libmv: Cleanup, make strict compiler more happy

In C++ it is not really safe to memcpy objects, and newer GCC will warn
about this. However, we don't use our vector for unsafe-to-memcpy objects,
so just explicitly silence that warning.

14 months agoRender: Fix build problem with missing GL/glew.h
fclem [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:00:21 +0000 (13:00 +0200)]
Render: Fix build problem with missing GL/glew.h

14 months agoFix separator element for headers with multiple directions
Dalai Felinto [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:54:04 +0000 (14:54 +0200)]
Fix separator element for headers with multiple directions

14 months agoUI: Separator spacer
Dalai Felinto [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:33:53 +0000 (14:33 +0200)]
UI: Separator spacer

This support layout.separator_spacer() to be used by headers as a way to
dynamically separate the ui buttons.

Right now no UI file is changed, though we can use this right away in the
timeline, and shortly after in the viewport header (moving settings from
the topbar to it).

Original design by William Reynish.

Review: Campbell Barton

14 months agoMerge branch 'master' into blender2.8
Bastien Montagne [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:44:03 +0000 (14:44 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into blender2.8

14 months agoMerge branch 'master' into blender2.8
Bastien Montagne [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:39:38 +0000 (14:39 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into blender2.8


14 months agoRender: Create a separate gl context for rendering.
Clément Foucault [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:54:31 +0000 (13:54 +0200)]
Render: Create a separate gl context for rendering.

This should take care of all the threading stability issues some people
are reporting.

14 months agoGHOST: Delay opengl context initialization
Clément Foucault [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:49:10 +0000 (11:49 +0200)]
GHOST: Delay opengl context initialization

This way they can be init in their owner thread. Contexts should not be
shared accross threads. Once you make a context active on a thread it is
owned by the thread.

This commit only have the GLX backend updated but should not break orther

14 months agoDRW: Rename ogl_context to gl_context
Clément Foucault [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:38:26 +0000 (11:38 +0200)]
DRW: Rename ogl_context to gl_context

We might not use opengl forever :)

14 months agoDRW: Add cache reset.
Clément Foucault [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:36:09 +0000 (11:36 +0200)]
DRW: Add cache reset.

This is a temporary solution to the use of the shared cache.

Ideally this cache should be per gl drawing context.

14 months agoShading: Change icon of userpreference in Shading popover
Jeroen Bakker [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:41:35 +0000 (12:41 +0200)]
Shading: Change icon of userpreference in Shading popover

14 months agoCleanup: Moar G.main removal of Hell.
Bastien Montagne [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:14:18 +0000 (12:14 +0200)]
Cleanup: Moar G.main  removal of Hell.

This commit actually adds some G.main... but at much, much higher level
than the ones it removes, so should still be better ;)

14 months agoCleanup: remove some G.main usages...
Bastien Montagne [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:05:37 +0000 (11:05 +0200)]
Cleanup: remove some G.main usages...

14 months agoMetaBall support for Workbench + EEVEE
Jeroen Bakker [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 06:37:56 +0000 (08:37 +0200)]
MetaBall support for Workbench + EEVEE

Note: Metaballs only support the first material slot. Splicing it per
material would create empty Batches. In order to overcome this we set
the batch for other materials to NULL. We added extra checks in EEVEE
and Workbench to not draw when the geom is NULL.

14 months agoWorkbench: Flipping MatCaps for forward shading
Jeroen Bakker [Fri, 8 Jun 2018 14:45:23 +0000 (16:45 +0200)]
Workbench: Flipping MatCaps for forward shading

14 months agoFix pchan head/tail original values not being set
Campbell Barton [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:36:28 +0000 (11:36 +0200)]
Fix pchan head/tail original values not being set

14 months agoFix bad level stubs
Sergey Sharybin [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:36:22 +0000 (11:36 +0200)]
Fix bad level stubs

14 months agoRevert unintended changes to depsgraph
Dalai Felinto [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:31:13 +0000 (11:31 +0200)]
Revert unintended changes to depsgraph

This partially reverts f8d7df6f162.
I committed this bit by mistake.

14 months agoMerge branch 'master' into blender2.8
Sergey Sharybin [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:06:43 +0000 (11:06 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into blender2.8

14 months agoCleanup: Use BLI_strncpy
Sergey Sharybin [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:05:24 +0000 (11:05 +0200)]
Cleanup: Use BLI_strncpy

It has behavior which we expect, and silences strict compiler warning.

14 months agoFix T55278: Lightmap Pack > New Image broken when active object is None
Philipp Oeser [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:00:19 +0000 (11:00 +0200)]
Fix T55278: Lightmap Pack > New Image broken when active object is None

thanx bblanimation (Christopher Gearhart) for spotting the issue and
providing the fix!

Reviewed By: brecht

Differential Revision:

14 months agoMerge branch 'master' into blender2.8
Campbell Barton [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 08:46:33 +0000 (10:46 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into blender2.8

14 months agopath_util: avoid overflow w/ strtoll use
Campbell Barton [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 08:43:34 +0000 (10:43 +0200)]
path_util: avoid overflow w/ strtoll use

Also style cleanup.

14 months ago3D View: move screen overlays to the top
Campbell Barton [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 08:02:29 +0000 (10:02 +0200)]
3D View: move screen overlays to the top

- Frame & object name now top left.
- Axis now top right (when view navigation disabled).

This is needed so we can use the lower area for redo popup, see T55386.

14 months agoMerge branch 'master' into blender2.8
Philipp Oeser [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 08:28:36 +0000 (10:28 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into blender2.8

14 months agoFix PyConsole: Drag events finished early in modal text selection
Philipp Oeser [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 08:18:51 +0000 (10:18 +0200)]
Fix PyConsole: Drag events finished early in modal text selection

14 months agoMerge branch 'master' into blender2.8
Philipp Oeser [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 08:03:42 +0000 (10:03 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into blender2.8

14 months agoFix T55140: opened image doesn't show up in movie clip editor
Philipp Oeser [Fri, 1 Jun 2018 09:58:50 +0000 (11:58 +0200)]
Fix T55140: opened image doesn't show up in movie clip editor

atoi usage in BLI_stringdec could overflow, use strtoll instead and
valid range with INT_MIN and INT_MAX

Reviewed By: campbellbarton

Differential Revision:

14 months agoWIP: Add driver eyedropper operator button beside the "add input" button
Joshua Leung [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:43:05 +0000 (19:43 +1200)]
WIP: Add driver eyedropper operator button beside the "add input" button

This doesn't work currently. Needs more investigation why.

14 months agoDrivers UI: Introduce more whitespace, to make the sections clearer
Joshua Leung [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:39:34 +0000 (19:39 +1200)]
Drivers UI: Introduce more whitespace, to make the sections clearer

14 months agoMerge branch 'master' into blender2.8
Philipp Oeser [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:34:04 +0000 (09:34 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into blender2.8

14 months agoCleanup: Remove the "all" parameter from "ANIM_OT_driver_button_edit"
Joshua Leung [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:27:42 +0000 (19:27 +1200)]
Cleanup: Remove the "all" parameter from "ANIM_OT_driver_button_edit"

This won't ever be used for this operator, as the "edit" operator should
only ever be used for dealign with a single driver - the one under the

14 months agoOverlays: Reserve space for a "Onion Skins" overlay
Joshua Leung [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:14:39 +0000 (19:14 +1200)]
Overlays: Reserve space for a "Onion Skins" overlay

While we probably won't be getting a general purpose "Onion Skinning"
overlay anytime soon for meshes, etc. (at least not before the
depsgraph stabilises, and we also get geometry caching working),
for the Grease Pencil integration at least, it makes sense to move
GP objects to using a more general/future-proof solution, instead
of continuing to use a special/dedicated button in the header.

Currently the UI part of this is commented out. Also, the GP branch
doesn't need to move to this pre-merge. But, since 2.8 changes move
fast, it's better to reserve the space now to have it next to motionpaths,
than introduce it later.

14 months agoDrivers UI: Don't show the Copy/Paste driver dvars buttons in the popovers
Joshua Leung [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:10:08 +0000 (19:10 +1200)]
Drivers UI: Don't show the Copy/Paste driver dvars buttons in the popovers

The copy/paste driver variables buttons currently only work when used in the
Graph Editor as they rely on being able to have the "active F-Curve" context
info that's only present in the Graph Editor (in Drivers Editor mode).
Instead of having them constantly greyed out in the popover, it's easier
to just hide them for now. Besides, this is probably more of an "advanced"
feature that we don't need to expose in the simple UI.

14 months agoFix T55349: crash adding paint slot when object is on hidden layer
Philipp Oeser [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:12:29 +0000 (09:12 +0200)]
Fix T55349: crash adding paint slot when object is on hidden layer

use better poll and get ob with 'ED_object_active_context' (instead of

Reviewed By: campbellbarton

Differential Revision:

14 months agoCleanup: warnings
Campbell Barton [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:03:39 +0000 (09:03 +0200)]
Cleanup: warnings